Wednesday, August 24, 2011

who, me, freaking out? no way.

So, a few weeks ago, on the way home from church, John casually mentions he signed us up to attend the ward adult dinner group. (We go every year.  We always have fun and eat good food and meet new people who go to our church) To which my reply was something along the lines of "What?!?  No! No! No!  That wasn't a list to ATTEND the dinner, that was the sign-up sheet to HOST the dinner!"   Sure enough, John put our name down to invite 40 or so people into our home on a particular Saturday (three days from now) for a sit-down dinner.

Instead of trying to weasel my way out of it, I put on my big girl pants and a smile and started e-mailing and calling people.

So far, only about 1/4 of my list can make it (I still have yet to hear from a few people- but as it's this Saturday, I've pretty much written them off)

So, you know, I'm busy with planning menus and shopping and cleaning. and stressing about things like my grody carpet, and centerpieces.  As a rule, I don't do centerpieces.  In fact, I don't know if I've ever done a centerpiece in my life. I'm usually too busy worrying about the food...

And I broke my glasses today.  I set them on the bed, and squished them. And when I tried to bend the arms back into place, one broke off. 

They're still usable. I just look stupid.

Of course they are my only pair.  And they are probably at least 4 years old. So, yes, it was time to get new ones, but I just don't have time this week to see an eye doctor, and I'm not thrilled about looking stupid until the new ones come in, and I hate picking out glasses, and I can only go to Target or Sears cause that's where our insurance says I can go, and so I'm just gonna throw it out there that if I have any girl friends interested in hanging out with me at the mall and helping me pick out glasses in the very near future, that would be really awesome.

Except maybe not until Monday.  I have this big party I am freaking out about on Saturday...

4 comments:

AZ Smurfette said...

I'll help you pick out glasses Sat!

Jill P. said...

Good luck! I was wondering what had happened that you needed a carpet cleaner so urgently. I never worry about centerpieces either. As long as the food is delicious (which I know it will be) no one will even care!

Melissa said...

Centerpieces are so overrated anyway. They make it hard to converse. Good luck!

Melissa Braegger said...

Centerpieces are totally out! You're a good sport for following through with it.