For whatever reason.
I should probably work on that, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Change comes slow for me.
Anyway, I did have something I wanted to share.
While in Paris, I enjoyed looking at the giant Monet paintings in the Orangerie. I was mesmerized by these 6 foot tall paintings. Over 1950 square feet of canvas. Monet was obsessed with painting these and it took him like 12 years to complete them. What was more amazing was that he finished when he was 80 years old and was nearly blind from cataracts. Although he painted them for the Orangerie, he died before they were installed.
Anyway, while standing up close and contemplating how this old, nearly blind man could paint these, especially when up close, the paint strokes look like mere blobs.
You have to stand back to appreciate their beauty and how it all combines to make one lovely scene. While his eyesight failed him, his vision did not.
Anyway, the thought occurred to me that life can be like that. Up close things might look like big globs that make no sense, and we, with our limited vision can't see the whole canvas right now. But our Creator does see. Our Heavenly Father has a plan, and sometimes it makes no sense, and sometimes we just have to have a little faith that one day we will see the beautiful canvas stretched before us, and it will be amazing.

1 comment:
What an awesome observation, Kirsten. I love that! What an amazing artist Monet was. He truly had a gift. I am so glad you were able to see some of his works!!
Post a Comment