Last summer, I went to my 20 year high school reunion. It was a typical reunion, full of old people I didn't recognize. There was a slide show of people I sorta recognized, doing activities where some things looked vaguely familiar, (like football games) and doing other things which did not at all. I came to a startling conclusion that night. I sorta wished I had been more involved in high school.
 |
| Last Awards Banquet |
I had a job, and I had friends, and my junior and senior years I was involved in some business classes which took up a lot of my time, not to mention I had to leave campus to go to those classes...
 |
| Last Orchestra Concert |
Anyhow, I left with the conflicting feeling that I wished I would have been more involved, and yet, not sure how or what I would have changed if given the opportunity.
 |
| Last Drama Performance - Performing 'Stars' from Les Miserables |
However, my children seem to be learning from their mama and are not making that mistake. I think that any regrets they have will be of the "I wish I got better grades" variety, as they seem to be involved in everything.
 |
| Last choir performance |
 |
| Another moment in his last choir performance -Mr Flora "Flo" was passing out roses to the Seniors. |
As such, as Nick's Senior Year was winding down, we found ourselves celebrating lots of lasts.
 |
| Last viola recital |
 |
| Eight Years of viola lessons from this awesome lady |
 |
| Last time up in the booth teching. (Of course this photo is totally staged. I made him do it after the fact. None of the equipment is actually on...) |
No comments:
Post a Comment