Nick asked Dani to Spring Formal this year. They've been very good about not exclusively dating and just remaining friends, but it's clear to everyone that he likes her a whole lot, so I guess you could say that he saved the best for last.
Nick's plan a) to ask her to the dance didn't pan out (technical difficulties) so he changed some lyrics to a Harry Connick jr song, and serenaded her. She answered him with a box of Lucky Charms she'd doctored in cute and clever ways, then left little baggies of Lucky Charms and and Rolos all over his room for him to find days and even weeks later with little tags on them still asking him if he's "Still Feeling Lucky?". It was pretty hilarious. I think she even arranged for some kid to come up to Nick at the dance, hand him another baggie and say "I think you dropped this."
They had some kind of day activity, and when I showed Nick this picture, he was a little horrified because he hadn't realized he had forgotten to change before the date.
One of the many perks of being good friends with the date's parents is you get invited over to the house for all that stuff you miss when your son leaves home to go pick up his date.
And then I was the official photographer, which despite the many things against us, ( location, lighting issues, time, rusty camera skills...) I got a few fun pictures.
I was seriously tempted to follow them to the restaurant and just document their whole evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment