Tuesday, September 15, 2015

How I deal.

Call me Cleopatra.  Queen of Denial.

Nick's mission is an ipad mission.  (which means he has one)  And apparently he can get and read emails whenever he's in wifi.  He can just only write on pdays.

So, I deal with his absence by pretending he's not really gone.

He was so busy before with school and work and friends and school musicals and, and, and...

I never saw him much anyway.

Except at night.   I was the one who always waited up for him, and some nights we had some of the best talks at midnight.

I do really miss that.

But during the day if I had something I wanted to ask/tell him, I'd just text him.

Or if I found something funny I thought he'd appreciate.... Text!

I didn't usually expect an immediate response.

Like if he was at work or school or on a date.

And when he left, I just really missed talking to him.

Both in person, and via texting.

So email because my new crutch.

Need to tell/ask/share something quickly?  email!

Found something funny/interesting/inspirational? email!

Just bored and want to send him a selfie of me and whomever I'm sitting next to? email!

It works perfectly.  I just pretend he's off at school or work, and not in another state. And he'll get back to me when he can.  (which happens to be on Mondays...)

And mostly that works.

Except when it doesn't.

But then I read his emails and see how much he's grown in the past 3 months, and I remind myself that I really wouldn't have him anywhere else.

No comments: