Thursday, September 10, 2015

More cubscout fun

With three boys, you know we do a lot of cub scout stuff.   It just comes with the territory.

I might not be great at sewing on their patches, but when it comes to my mother's pins, I take a little more pride in that.

I have a "necklace" made of ribbons, that I keep all my pins on.  It might not look that cool, but trust me, it's pretty awesome. The blue and yellow side is for cubscouts, the red and green side is for boy scouts.   I intend to get ALL the pins.  Zach and Nick earned all the cubscout ones through Arrow of Light, and Nick has his Eagle.  Zach is working towards his Eagle, and Christopher just received his bear pin.  Of course after Nick got his Eagle, I could have been heard to say that it was too much work and stress and I didn't care if my other boys were stuck at "Eternal Life" forever.  I suspect that attitude is a bit like pregnancy though.  After a couple years you forget how awful it was, and say "Hey!  Let's do that again!"

So Christopher earned his Wolf.  As part of the initiation rights, he had to "Wolf it down".  Basically without using his hands, he had to find the worms in the dirt. (Cause Wolves don't have hands.)  The "No Hands" concept was pretty difficult.  Doing something ON PURPOSE to make your task more difficult?  Why would someone do that?

But he was cute and excited and super happy to finally get his wolf.  I'm fairly certain Christopher said or did something funny and that's why we're all laughing.

After the awards ceremony, we had our inaugural Cub-anapolis.  Kinda like a cross between the Indy-500, and the Pinewood Derby.  They made their own cars out of boxes, and they were the engines. (Is anyone shocked that Christopher's car is a TARDIS?)

They had pit stops, with the "Pit Crew" being the parents, and we had to do silly things like change their tires (socks and shoes) and refuel (make them drink something out of a straw).

And let's just say that Christopher didn't follow all the rules to the letter (see him cheating there at the starting line?)  However, since he pretty much lost anyway, he mostly got away with it. (Mostly- we tried...)


No comments: