I'm a receptionist.
I'll be honest, I don't LOVE it, My heart is still at home, but it's a good job, and I'm grateful to have it.
The people are nice, I like everyone I work with, (I knew a small handful of people who work here already.) And the work is not especially taxing. (I've even found time to blog!) and I get to listen to my own music because I'm the only one in the reception area.
Mostly my duties include answering the phone and connecting the callers with the person or department that can help them best. Mostly that's easy, but every once and awhile I have those days where the phone is ringing off the hook and the ALL of the callers are annoyed because the person I transferred them to didn't pick up (and they refuse to leave a message- they just want to talk to a person NOW!) as if it's my fault that the person who can best help them is on the line with someone else, on vacation, at lunch, or using the facilities.
Other jobs include forwarding faxes and emails on the computer,
Filling the mint bowl (the lifesavers are more popular than the butter mints)
And changing the little block calendar. I forgot to do that today. I just now looked up and realized someone else had done it for me.
And a few other odds and ends that keep me somewhat busy in between calls. (Some days the phone keeps me plenty busy.)
I get an hour for lunch every day. Mostly I just bring a sandwich or leftovers.
Maddie has made me lunch a couple of times. She's awesome.
And right after I started working, they had a family night at the ballpark. Free Diamondbacks tickets, and free food too! It was pretty fun.
So that's pretty much my life. It's a full time 8-5 job, so it doesn't leave much time for anything else, and I admit that's hard with kids still at home. But other than missing my kids and the fact that I can't wear pajamas all day anymore, I have no complaints.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mint filling would be my favorite job :)
Post a Comment