Just kidding. We watched it. Sorta anyway. I was asleep on the couch by halftime, and once the munchies were gone, so were the kids. They did however show up at the end to see who won. John was of course away on business. Boston this time. Home to the Patriots? (I'm so not up on my teams). He had to be there by 8:00 am Eastern time tomorrow, which meant a Sunday flight, and also meant he had to miss the game here. Don't worry about him though, he said there was a "pub" downstairs in the hotel that was showing the game.
But you have no idea how ironic it is that he couldn't be here. He just barely got his brand new gi-normous 61" flat screen HDTV last week, he was worried it wouldn't get here by the Superbowl, but it did. This TV has been anticipated for like 6 months. Seriously. As a present to himself for passing his CCIE (Cisco Certified Something-or-Other) he wanted to get a new big screen TV. As opposed to the small-ish tube TV we were currently using. The Cisco test was a really big deal. Years and years of work and training and intense months of studying finally lead up to the culmination of this one certification. He's one of less than a hundred in the world, and one of only a handful who don't actually work for Cisco. He deserved his TV.
There was just one glitch- we had no place to put it. Our former smallish TV occuppied a smallish entertainment center and that was home to a bunch of other stuff- so we needed a new place for all the stuff, and so I said "That's great hunny. You pick the TV, I pick the furniture that goes around it." I know, selfish, but I have my reasons a) I had to pick up the slack around here when he was studying, or out of town- and b) I have to look at that wall each and every day, all day long. That is my work space. I want to enjoy what I see.
So FINALLY he picks a TV and I pick an entertainment center (and it was on sale! and exactly what I wanted) and so we order the furniture, and wait for like 2 months, then order the TV, and we got a totally awesome deal on that as well. But not at your standard electronic store. My brother works for an A/V company and he was able to get us exactly what John wanted for like the best price ever, but we had to wait a few more weeks and go pick it up ourselves, because it was from this warehouse clear the heck up in Scottsdale. So finally Tom (my brother) calls me and tells me it's in and I can go get it, but wouldn't you know it, John is out of town. This place is totally a 9-5, M-F shop and John wasn't going to be home til Saturday. (this is Thursday) So it's just a TV right? It can't be too big for my Yukon XL. So I take out the car seats (except for Christopher, he gets to come) and put down the back seat and start my 35 mile trek to Scottsdale. So I show up, and I might as well have had SAHM (Stay at Home Mom) tattooed on my forehead for the looks they gave me, and then they saw my car. -If I thought the looks before were bad- The TV was way too big "can't you just take it out of the box and lay it down?" "NO." End of story. I leave without the TV. At this point I have no idea what to do, anyone with a truck that could either help me or would be willing to let me borrow it would be needing it for work, (because remember they are only open during standard work week hours?-no weeknights, no Saturdays.)
So long story short- After 2 days, 140 miles, a lot of stress, and frustration, a kind neighbor who will babysit Christopher, and a $100 payment to the good folks of U-Haul, John finally gets his TV. It's big, it's pretty and it's here for the Superbowl! yay! The kids and I tried to get into the spirit, but I already told you how that turned out. I am irritated that I missed a lot of the commercials. (the only reason I even bothered watching)

No comments:
Post a Comment