Friday, February 27, 2009

waste not, want not

The other day Christopher had decided that I was not going to spend my day lounging around in my pajamas reading my book club book, Jane Eyre, but that we needed to go somewhere. Anywhere. He informed me of this by taking off my favorite fuzzy warm socks, and handing me my flip flops.

I agreed that since we were out of things like apples and bananas and the weather was perfect and lovely, that a walk to Sprouts would indeed be a very good idea.

However, later when I went into the kitchen to get one of those apples I just purchased for an afternoon snack I was very confused as to why there were was only one left. The older kids were still at school, John said he didn't eat one, and Christopher isn't capable of eating three whole apples and leaving no evidence behind.

What I finally found was this-

Well, actually I fished them out the nearly empty garbage can. Grrrr. Besides eating only a bite or two of the apples, over the last few days I have found whole bananas in the garbage and half eaten ones all over the house. Just this morning I found one in the laundry room. Still fairly fresh. (I'm just worried someone is going to find one with their foot first)

If it weren't for the fact that I actually enjoyed the walk and the perfectly sublime weather, I'd almost say that trip to the store for fresh produce was a waste of time and money.

(my mantra is still "Terrific two's not terrible two's. Terrific two's, not terrible two's....)

1 comment:

Beverly B. said...

I hate it when kids waste food.