Monday, June 15, 2009

Befores and Afters

It will have to do for now. I am leaving for Utah for the summer in a day or so and with all the packing and cleaning and miscellaneous things to do, I just have to say "It's good enough for now," and hopefully I will find the motivation to finish it when I get back.

Here's Nick's Before-
It was Christopher's room. Hence the crib and the jungle theme. It was harder to paint over than I thought. It was my very first real nursery, and my very last. Money and situation had prevented me from decorating a nursery in the past, and so Christopher was my first baby to have a real, honest to goodness, nursery. But Nick needed his own room, and it was time to say good bye to the baby years.

And After-
Those stripes took FOREVER. I just finished putting up the cork board. - I still need to caulk over the nails, and repaint, and the trim doesn't quite fit perfect, but I am just so finished with that project, I just don't care any more. Luckily Nick is not too picky. He just loves the whole room. The colors, the stripes, the curtains... The fact that it is all his. I still need to get him some bedding. I have been carrying around my paint samples in my purse for a few weeks now looking for the perfect bedding, but it is pretty elusive right now. ( Maybe I just need to expand my search beyond Target, Wal-Mart, and Kohl's).

Madison's Before-
I painted it when she was 4 1/2 and seriously into princesses. The purple castles and yellow crowns stamped on the wall were even glittery. She loved it, me not so much, but I only had one little girl.

And After-

Still not done. Need to caulk and paint (white) the wainscoting and crown molding and put up some accessories (pictures, etc). But it's good enough for now. She LOVES it. She squealed and clapped for a full ten minutes.

11 comments:

Beverly B. said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. I especially love Maddison's room.

Diana said...

You did a great job! I love the stripes in Nick's room and Madison's room is so "grown up."

Jill P. said...

Both rooms look great. Neither one screams "kid's room" anymore. I'm trying to work up the motivation to paint my family room.

Unknown said...

I LOVE them both!! Holy cow you have been busy!! The cork board is AWESOME!

Shelly said...

Love them! You are so creative. When you stop by here, maybe you can paint a room for me :)

johnson six said...

Yeah!!! the rooms look great. I am done with Hailey's as well.

Nancy said...

I've been waiting for this post. I LOVE those stripes. And the corkboard. And the beadboard. Well done.

Amy said...

They both look great! I'm sure they LOVE them. Have fun in Utah!

Miss said...

L O V E IT!! I can see Maddie doing that for sure. Great job!!

lilivand said...

Wow - you've got some talent! Both rooms are wonderful!

Jessica said...

Wow, I am totally impressed! How do you make the time to do these things?