I'm loving having a three year old in the house this time of year. The magic of the season might be lost on me, being chained to the stove and all, but at least I get to watch Christopher experience it for what might be the first time in his little memory.

With all the chaos and busy-ness that generally surrounds us this time of year, I am grateful for a little boy who reminds me to just enjoy the moment.
He's thrilled with the tree and the lights and the music and with the fact that there is a constant supply of caramels to snitch. He prefers the plain ones of course. The pecan ones require a more sophisticated palate.
He loves to play with his Little People Nativity set, and show me his "Jesus baby".
The other day a friend of mine came over for some caramel instruction. She brought her own three year old with her. Christopher dragged this little boy into our living room and showed him our Christmas tree proudly exclaiming= "Chrisiss!! Chrisiss!!"
I am sure he thought this little boy must have never seen anything so wonderful in his entire life. I don't think he understands that the culmination of all the festivities leads up to one morning of presents and candy and such. He's just happy to enjoy the rest of the things this Christmas season has to offer.

1 comment:
it reminds me of the new Christmas video on the church website. sweet Christopher!
Post a Comment