Saturday, December 12, 2009

Madison's birthday party

Ever since she went ice skating for the very first time a year ago with the girl scouts, Madison knew what she wanted to do for her birthday party- go ice skating.
So after cake and ice-cream, I handed out matching gloves and hats, (found in the Target dollar section) loaded up the car with as many girls as could safely fit, and we were off!

Some of the girls were pretty nervous as this was their first time, and a couple of them nearly had their moms come and get them after cake was consumed and presents were opened. Luckily peer pressure won out, and not a single girl went home early.

I admit to being a little nervous about taking seven girls ice-skating all by myself, and it didn't help much when the cashier told me I was brave to undertake this all on my own, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun I had.

I'm not a great skater, or even a good one, and for the most part I just pride myself on being able to stay erect and making it home without any major injuries (bruises from falling don't count), but I love skating anyway.

The girls were all super well behaved, they got along fabulously, I don't think any one girl ever felt left out, and no one got hurt (with the exception of a few bruises and blisters).

Of the two girls who were the most afraid to go, one of them took to it instantly, (but she loves to rollerblade) and the other one was my buddy the whole time. Which was fine with me- we had a good time together.

Besides having a good time, I had fun getting to know Madison's friends better. What a bunch of silly, funny, cute, smart, kind, beautiful girls. I think she has a lot of really great friends. I don't think I could have picked better ones for her.

Oh, and just in case any one was wondering whether the year long wait was worth it for her- it was- she said it was the best birthday ever.

1 comment:

Julie Hunt said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADISON! What a fun party!