Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yay for Punxsutawney Phil!

Growing up in Utah, I used to pray the groundhog would not see his shadow and that spring would come early. By the time February rolls around, I am really sick of winter.

For obvious reasons I've changed my tune.

Yesterday Madison came home and announced we "HAVE TO" have 6 more weeks of winter, and spring is not coming early this year.

"Have to? We GET to!"

It's cool enough that we can wear sweaters and socks, comfort foods like soups and stews and hot cocoa are the perfect antidote to a chilly day, and yet there is no snow to shovel, no car windshields to scrape, no slushy puddles to step in. Besides, it's the perfect time of year to say "Go outside and play!"

It just doesn't get any better than that. As far as I'm concerned, that groundhog can stay in his hole for the next six months.