Friday, April 2, 2010

Catz update week 1 (again)

Are you people getting sick of this weight loss topic? Sorry. Unfortunately it's a big part of my life right now.

Okay so first all the drama of the last week.

B.Clark- (that's what we call him, his real name is Brian, but there are three Brian's that work there so they are B.Clark, B.Lee, etc) anyways- he's the cranky one and after I had taken it easy the month of March he was threatening me that my goals this time around were going to be super hard and be based off my ending weight last time (remember how I gained 5?) So I was a little scared to find out my goals. Last time it was 4 a week for a total of 28- I only lost 22.

So this time around?

Ready for this?

20. That's 2.5 a week.

I can do this!!!

Then, Chelsa and I got our butts chewed out this week by B. Clark. Chelsa, Glenda, and I have our own little support network. We try and work out together, share our victories, and our frustrations... Glenda is the one responsible for getting Chelsa and I to join, but she's all skinny now, and super busy, so I don't get to see her as much. Chelsa and I would try to sign up together. Working out with her makes time fly by faster.

(Chelsa had B. Clark take that picture- it was taken after our workout when we were all sweaty and gross and tired and I'm in pain- my knee is all iced up- more on that in a bit)

So Monday night we got yelled at. "I don't want you two working out together any more! If you have breath to chit-chat then you're not working hard enough!! You're a cancer to each other!" (we totally were working hard btw- as usual, I left sweaty, gross, and tired) - yes, you have to have a thick skin to work out there. He went on to say that it's really because he cares about how we are doing that he rides us so hard, because if he didn't care, he'd just take our money, and not care whether we were giving it 100%- ( Admittedly he used stronger language than that)

Last night I hurt my knee some how. I don't know how. There wasn't a moment when I wrenched it or anything, it was just bugging me in the morning, and all day, and the pain continued to grow worse throughout my workout. The trainers got me some ice and shrink wrapped it to my knee. I thought that was funny.

Those are my snazzy new shoes. My old ones were pretty sad. I went to a place where the guy evaluates how you walk and run and picks out the shoes that are the best fit for you. I was impressed.

So my results this week? 7 lbs. I made this week's goal, and next week's, and am like a pound away from week 3. Grand total lost so far this year? 25 lbs.

I'm icing my knee as I type, and am hoping that it won't bother me too much over the next few weeks. That 20 lb goal is attainable, provided I can walk and run and do lunges and squats and all that.
Oh! one other thing- this girl brought in "before" pictures of herself to share, and holy cow! She was only recognizable by her very distinctive long, red, curly hair. Apparently by coming to CATZ, she has lost 188 pounds! - (It took about 4 years)- If that's not motivation- I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I realize you're all sweaty and gross, but I think you look good in that picture. Was it taken after you lost 7 lbs? Great job on that btw.