Friday, April 16, 2010

catz update week 3

One pound. (loss)

I'm okay with that though. It's been one of those weeks. My biggest fear going in there today was that the scale was going to show I gained.

Not that I ate badly. Not really anyway. It was just my stupid knees. I'd suffer through an hour at Catz, not able to give it my all, worried I was going to really mess up a knee, going slower than usual, modifying exercises... then come home and sit on the couch and ice my knee.

Then there's that one law of physics that rears it's ugly head regularly in my life "An object in motion tends to stay in motion, an object at rest tends to stay at rest." Unfortunately I've been exemplifying the last part of that more often lately. All that sitting around and icing my knees and stuff. Now I'm half way through with my book club book, and I am caught up on my DVR'd shows, and have enjoyed a few Robert Downey jr. flicks this last week as well (both old and new. I've been on a kick.)

Usually I try to fit in a few extra walks to Sprouts to pick up fresh fruit and veggies. That didn't happen this week. Which leads me to the second part of my not-so-good week, without a stocked fridge, I've had a hard time finding things to eat. So nearly every day I have cheated an eaten Special K meal bars. They really aren't that bad. 180 calories. 10 grams of protein. But they are still on the no-no list.

I'm determined to do better this week. I've made all my goals so far, but 14 more pounds in 5 weeks is gonna be tough.

No comments: