Thursday, August 12, 2010

1st day of school

Yesterday was the first day of school for my older children. Christopher starts pre-school tomorrow, and then (cross your fingers) hopefully he will get into a special needs pre-school in a month or so.Zach is in 3rd grade. I think it will be a good year for him. He came home excited about his class and his teacher, Mr. Hansen.
Madison is in 5th grade. She's also super excited about school, class, teacher, friends etc. She's excited to have Mrs. Ramirez. I've only heard good things about her. And I think she has bought caramels from me through my kids before, so I know how to bribe her.
Nick is in the 8th grade. His day was good and bad. One thing he is especially excited for this year is he is taking a drama class. When I told him that I probably couldn't count on both hands the number of times somebody has said to me "have you ever thought about putting Nick in drama?", he wondered why. It wasn't really his first choice (I think he wanted shop- or whatever they are calling it these days) but talked non-stop about it for quite awhile when he came home. His day wasn't the best because he hates dealing with his contact, it fell out during lunch, he found it, but never got it back in. He missed most of his lunch dealing with that issue. Also, it was his first day back on his ADD meds, after being off them all summer, and he didn't seem "right" all day long. I think it's a side effect that will hopefully wear off soon, but I miss My Happy Nick.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

They all look so BIG!

Jill P. said...

Wow school already! We are going to have 3 separate first days of school at our house. Aug 26, Aug 30 and Sept 1st!

Jill P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.