I'm still on the fence about this issue. The mother in me screams "NO!" but I have to wonder how much of a factor his bad behavior played in him getting into the Amanacer pre-school.
So, yay! That's the good news. Speech therapy, trained teachers to help deal with his issues, pre-school 4 days a week, transportation to and from, and it's all free!
Apparently he is "Severely Delayed". (That's the not so good news-Zach was only moderately delayed.)
But like I said, he was TERRIBLE at the evaluation. Like as naughty as he gets. Crying, temper tantrums, refusal to co-operate, defiant...
Like, "you're lucky there are witnesses here kid, otherwise you'd get the spanking of your life..." (not really, of course, but bad enough I was still thinking about it.)
So now it's just a waiting game. They say I will get a phone call in a couple weeks when all the paperwork is finalized letting me know which school he will go to.
I just keep reminding myself of a few things- a) maybe it (the bad behavior) helped... and b) his current pre-school teacher Miss Miles says he's great at school. No crying, tantrums, etc. So at least I know he can behave. oh and c) that at least the ladies evaluating him have probably seen worse. (hopefully) I mean, I was there because my kid has issues. It's not like they were giving me those dirty "Can't you control your kid?" looks. You know, the kind of looks you get from people who have clearly never had a toddler of their own.
So, yay! he's in!
I spent the morning celebrating by going over some of Zach's old goals and evaluations. It did my heart good to see how far he's come, and I am very hopeful that this year will be really good for Christopher.
~~~~
While I'm on the subject- I had meant to post about Christopher's first day at his other pre-school. He loves going to Miss Miles. I think he will really miss that pre-school, but he's such a social person I am pretty excited for him to be able to practically double the time spent in pre-school. (and not just because I am fantasizing about all the things I will get done!)

3 comments:
He looks so stinkin cute and grown up with that backpack on. I'm excited for Christopher... I bet it'll be a great thing for him. And I am so jealous of all the things you're going to get done. (Sigh.)
Yeah for Christopher (and you!) :)
I think it is going to be a great year for Christopher and yes, he look adorable in his backpack:)
Post a Comment