Last Tuesday Zach and I had a field trip with the cub scouts to the fire station. That was fun. We work with cute boys.
Wednesday Zach had a little musical at his school. It was cute. Sort of a tribute to Dr. Seuss. Sorry, no pictures. He was on the back row, and partially hidden by other kids most of the time, and my pictures in the school gym usually suck anyway.
Nick had an EVYS (East Valley Youth Symphony) concert Friday night. No pictures of that either. He's usually in the back, hiding, and I can't get close enough to matter anyway.
Saturday was pretty hectic. We had this youth service "exchange" at our church. It was more " silent auction" than "exchange" in an effort to raise money for the camps and such this summer. It was fun. I donated several bags of caramels, and we walked away with a few prizes of our own, including window washing and even a boat outing. Then the youth did some skits, and Nick's group was hands down the best. They did this whole synchronized swimming bit. It was pretty dang funny. I also signed up to bring a dessert, so I made these lemony blueberry streusel bars, but by the time we made it over to the dessert table, my platter was licked clean. (hopefully I will put those on the ol' food blog soon!)
Today Madison had to give a speech in her class on the United States President she chose to research. Can you guess which one she chose? James Madison, of course! She even had to make a campaign poster, but since he was the 4th President, and didn't have a campaign poster for her to copy, I found another one on the internet to take inspiration from that she was pretty excited about. It's hard to see in the background, but it says "Peace ♥ Love ♥ Madison". It was actually a McPalin poster (McCain + Palin)
Christopher has finally figured out how to play Mario Kart. For awhile there, the kids would just hand him a controller while they played and let him think he was playing, now I can't get the kid off it. I'm giving him a couple of days for the novelty of the concept to wear off, then I'll start enforcing limits. Plus it's been really nice to take a shower without a little boy coming to find me.
I think, since it seems to be a slower blogging month, I am going to do this "30 day challenge" I've been seeing it crop up on blogs and even on facebook. The point is to start on the first of the month, and blog EVERY SINGLE DAY. FOR A WHOLE MONTH. But I didn't think about it on March 1st, I did on February 1st, but that month only has 28 days, so doing a 30 day challenge in a month that only has 28 is silly, but I think if I wait until I remember so I get it right, I never will, so I might as well just be a rebel and start in the middle of the month. And I will try to do it every day, but I think if I have something else to blog about, I might skip that day. It's my blog. I can do that. (of course I realize it's not really a "challenge" if I only do it when I feel like it. whatever.)

2 comments:
Life is moving so fast. I always thought there was time up ahead for everything and now there's not. Life is slamming me in the face and there is no turning back. I have kids almost out of here.CRAZY!
It's wonderful to see your kids achieving so much. And I totally understand Christopher and Mariocart. J.J. recently learned how to play Xbox and now he wants to play Lego StarWars every day with me while Julia is asleep. It's hard to get anything done because I have fun playing with him.
Post a Comment