Monday, March 7, 2011

Les Mis Love

The 25th anniversary edition of Les Mis just came out on DVD and blu-ray. I also have the 10th anniversary on VHS, but without a VCR, it doesn't do me a lot of good.

Anyway, we've been enjoying it. Except for Nick. He has lots of past due home work to do so he isn't allowed near the TV.

Zach surprised me when he sat down and wanted to know which one was Jean Valjean. Apparently he'd been paying attention.

Madison is loving the fact that Marius is played by Nick Jonas. I've read a lot of criticism about that, but I personally think he did ok. He looks the part, and the boy can sing, but it is a little obvious at moments that he's not quite the vocalist some of the others are.

Madison informed me that when she grows up she'd like to play the part of Eponine in the show because Eponine doesn't have to kiss anyone. Cossette and Marius kissed, like 3 whole times. Of course the devil's advocate in me couldn't leave that alone.

"What? I thought you liked Nick Jonas, don't you want to kiss him?"

"Duh, mom. He probably won't be in it when I am."

"Well what if he was? Would you want to be Cossette then?"

(silence followed by a sheepish smile)

"maybe."

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oooh I'm going to have to get it. I love Les Mis.

AZ Smurfette said...

Les Mis is comingn to AZ! I just got tickets!

Nancy said...

I agree about that Jonas boy not having the vocal skills as the other characters. Aside from that I loved it! I've been patiently waiting for tickets to go on sale here and just realized today that the performances are all scheduled during our vacation. Makes me very sad. It's my favorite musical of all time.

Ady Hahn said...

The book is one of my favs, but I've never seen the musical. It's on my list of things to do if Randy and I can ever get a way for a weekend sans kids.