Well sorta, anyway. I guess it was more of a day thing. Disney is doing this one week only 3-D movie thing of a Hannah Montana concert so we got to go to that today. I made sure to get tickets in advance this time, I was about 4 hours too late for the actual concert tickets which I guess was last week, Madison was totally disappointed. But understood when we flat out refused to pay scalper prices. She's way into Hannah Montana and all that these days. Which really I can't complain about. Maddie could definitely find worse role models out there.
So I got the tickets a couple weeks ago, pretty much the day I heard about it, and we were at the theater more than an hour early, sitting on the floor in line, eating our popcorn and drinking our cokes. (super fun) Before the movie started I sat contemplating whether or not my walkman could drown out the noise from the concert, but I figured I paid for it I might as well get my money's worth. (confession- I was quite surprised at how much I did enjoy it, not that you would have caught me there without my wannabe-tween in tow) Of course Madison thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was the best.
However at some point during the movie/concert surrounded by a packed audience of little girls and their moms I began to worry that the day might come when she'll be too cool for the likes of this stuff. Too cool for the clean lyrics of a cute pop star, and definitely too cool to hang out with her mom. This is where it gets tricky- I LOVE that she's my girl. I love that we share the same love of so many things. I love that we share the same birthday. In fact (and I just did the math a couple months ago) she will turn 16 the day I turn 40. I told John to start saving his money. That will be some party. Right now we're talking an 80's party- I threw John a big one when he passed his CCIE (I'll try to explain some other time) and Madison thought it was the best and "when can we do it again?" I tried to explain that it's just not the same when you try to re-do that type of thing, but she's got her heart set on it. UNLESS she truly is my daughter and there comes a time when she wouldn't be caught dead hanging out with her mom at the mall let alone spending her sweet sixteen with a bunch of middle aged women. (but let's be honest-who would?)sigh...
PS the title of my post is a Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana's alter ego- for any of you who live under a rock ) song title- I didn't know that before today, but I thought it was fitting.

No comments:
Post a Comment