


My Bed. What a difference a good night's sleep makes! When Madison was a teeny baby and kept me up most of the night I started to notice a pattern. I needed 4 hours of sleep just to feel sane. Just sane. Less than that and I was tempted to chuck her out the window. I needed 6 hours to feel functional. Brush my teeth, feed the Nick (then 3) something somewhat nutritious (notice I didn't say COOK- cheerios are nutritious), dress him and myself for the day, etc. But I need a good, solid 7-8 hours of sleep to feel productive. - You know, cook, clean, go to the grocery store, maybe excercise.
Yesterday was a very bad day. Sunday Christopher was sick and took a nap around 2:00 pm. I checked on him around 9:00 to make sure he wasn't dead (seriously) and then decided to let him sleep longer, since I figured when I snuck in there and covered him up he barely stirred, he must need the sleep. So at 12:30 am he woke and was up for the rest of the night. I put on a blues clues video and managed to catch 45 minutes here and there, but I probably got less than 5 hours. Remember I need 6 to be functional? Well Zach stayed home sick, the school called and I had to go get Madison (her tummy hurt) and I had to take the younger boys to the Dr. to check them out. I think they are all fine, Christopher tested negative for strep and seems to be nearly himself again. Zach has an appt. with a urologist- (good thing he's only 5, if were old enough to know better, he'd kill me for writing this, but at this point he'd show anyone who asked) but I had to have him stay home because it was like he lost all bladder control on friday. He must have wet himself half a dozen times a day.- (it might be just laziness) but at any rate, instead of screaming at him any more to use the toilet, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and took him in. I still don't know what the problem is, he went to school today and they haven't called for me to come get him, but he has this jelly-belly sized blister on the end of his penis. (sounds lovely, eh?)He says it doesn't hurt, but we need to get it taken care of. So that was my day yesterday.
Last night I got seven un-interrupted hours of sleep and feel much better. I even cleaned my bathroom and vacuumed my room among all the other random things you do in a day just to keep things running. (Trust me, that's a VERY productive day)
Unfortunately I have to admit I sleep better when John is out of town- I have a hard time going to bed, cause it's weird to get in an empty bed, so I stay up later to make sure I am really tired so I nearly fall asleep before my head hits the pillow and then the paranoia doesn't have time to set in. But when he's here he generally likes to cuddle, so I don't sleep as soundly when he's there. Ah, the things we do in the name of love.

No comments:
Post a Comment