Friday, April 24, 2009

Death at my door

Okay, so it's not technically my door, it's actually my driveway, but still...

Every Spring, some poor little mama bird decides the ledge above my garage would be a lovely place to make a nest to lay an egg.
Shortly afterwards, a big gust of wind will send the whole thing crashing down on my driveway. Nest, egg, and all.

"Rock a bye birdy, on my roof top, when the wind blows, the nest will rock. When the wind blows your nest will fall, and down will come birdy, egg, and all."

(Ok, so I know I'm retarded and insensitive and lousy at making up songs)

But it doesn't stop there, I'm not sure if the same little mama bird is just really persistent, or if we're talking about different birds, but I get to walk outside to this scene several times a year.

Twice already this week.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Maybe you need to put some spikes or something up there to deter the birds. My neighbor put a tiki head on the top of his patio post. Works like a charm. Oh wait, I guess it kinda is one. ;)

Rachel said...

that is so sad.