Saturday, April 4, 2009

Oh Tay!

I've chronicled before my attempts at trying to teach my child some manners. He might not talk much, but baby sign language isn't that difficult, and I happily accept anything that remotely sounds like "please" (tee) or "thank you" (day-choo). (He's really good about thanking you for everything- "day-choo! day-choo!")
Lately though, I am wondering who is teaching who. With his conversational skills at a minimum he just comes and fetches me whenever he wants anything: turn on the TV, get him something to eat, etc. He comes running up to me and grabs my hand to lead me somewhere and I look at him and remind him gently, "Please", and he breaks into a big grin and says "Oh Tay!"

Then I am left wondering, did he just grant me permission to do his bidding? (The problem is, he's so cute about it, I can't argue)
~~~~
(I tried to take some new pictures of Christopher to post, but a) the lighting was terrible and b)the subject was uncooperative, also his shirt and face were really dirty, but that's my fault, so we're just not gonna mention it)

No comments: