Thursday, April 16, 2009

lame excuses.

I'm trying to re-commit myself to going to the gym every single day this week. Well, starting yesterday, I mean. Seeing as it is now 1:30 and the kids will be home in an hour and a half, the odds are getting slimmer I will make it out the door in the next ten minutes. I'm pretty good at coming up with excuses why I can't make it to the gym. Some are valid, some not so.

It's too early/late.
It'll be too crowded now, I'll wait until later.
I'm too hungry/full to work out
I'm too hot/cold.
My gym clothes are dirty.
I need a shower, so I can't go out in public until after I take one, but I don't want to take two showers in one day, because it will dry out my skin, and I don't have that much time anyway.
(Insert name of kid here) is home sick today.
I think (insert name of kid) might be getting sick, I better not chance it.
I think I might be coming down with something.
I feel yucky.
I'm too tired.
I don't have time because (pick one or more) a) I need to clean my house b) go shopping c) make dinner/dessert d) catch up on blogging, etc.
It's raining.
I have a headache.
I couldn't possibly put down this book!
I've been neglecting my house/kids etc when I spent the last two days reading.
I hurt my (insert body part here) and therefore couldn't possibly exercise. (note: this excuse works best when it's on the lower half of my body- knee, ankle, toe. Using a paper cut on my finger doesn't work so well)

I'm sure this isn't an exhaustive list, but I'm just hoping that by writing them down, it will highlight the absurdities of some of them, and shame me into going. Unfortunately I started this list a little late in the day, I've already used several of them today and now I think it really is too late.

I'll do better. Starting tomorrow....