Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hair Tip

I know, it's weird getting a hair tip from me of all people. I'm one of those people who likes to think as little of their hair as possible. But I got a good tip I just had to share.

Today I had 5 things on my agenda-

Find Snickerdoodle recipe,
Make Snickerdoodles,
Take shower and wash hair,
Prepare Art Masterpiece lesson,
Teach Art Masterpiece.

First thing you should know, I generally put off taking a shower until later in the day in case I actually make it to the gym, so I will take it afterwards, which is why I didn't do it first.

So besides getting the cookies made, and the lesson prepared, I spent the day being distracted by other things such as other people's blogs, John's Europe pictures, phone calls, e-mails, crying kids, etc, and all the while having a nagging feeling in the back of my head that I was forgetting something.

What exactly was bugging me I couldn't quite put my finger on until I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I had forgotten to wash my hair! It was bad enough that the brush just left "trenches" in it's wake as it passed through.

I couldn't go out in public like that! How could I forget?!? And I didn't have time for even a quick shampoo, I had to leave in 5 minutes if I was going to be on time. A hat was out of the question because they don't allow them in schools and then I started to panic until I remembered a comment made by a friend awhile ago.

She was telling me how sometimes when in that predicament, she uses baby powder in her hair, and it absorbs all the oil and she can go on with her day, with no one else the wiser.

I figured anything was worth a shot. I couldn't look worse. And you know what? It totally worked! I'm not saying it's As Good As washing your hair, but the trenches disappeared, and the shininess from the oil went away. I was actually kind of impressed.

So just thought I'd pass that on in case anyone else out there (and I am sure no one else has ever had this problem) needs to come up with a quick solution for their "It's-been-too-long-since-I-last-washed-my-hair-and-I-really-don't-have-time-right-now" issues.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

So this has nothing to do with your hair. I just wanted to let you know that I do not think you have joined the "dark side". This is totally a personal issue and one that only you and your husband can make for your child. You've also dealt with this much longer than I have. Sass may end up needing it in the future--she has the nickname sass for a reason you know. I agree with you about trying it now, before Jr. High and hope all goes well for you.

Melissa Braegger said...

It is sad that Sesame Street is not as popular anymore. Although, all McKenna really cares about is Elmo's World. I'm glad the hair tip worked-I will have to try it sometime because usually I don't wash my hair until later in the day either:) Congrats on the weight loss too-