Saturday, February 27, 2010

My version of the "Stay-cation"

I'm actually not a big fan of that word- staycation. It just sounds dumb to me.

Anyway, I am on food vacation. I have about 2 weeks until the next Catz session. And I am kinda looking at it like I am on vacation.

You know how when you go out of town your diet goes out the window? Ice-cream and fry sauce make their way regularly into your diet, and you go out of your way to eat at some place you can't get "back home". And you just accept that your pants might be a little tighter on the trip home than when you left, because "you are on vacation".

Well, I am on food vacation. I've got an itinerary of restaurants to eat at, and food I need to bake. Because I won't be able to get it when I go back to a real life of responsible eating.

I don't think I am being too irresponsible. (you can disagree with me all you want) I plan on exercising regularly these next too weeks, and after 8 weeks of healthy no sugar, low fat eating, now foods like a cheeseburger sound pretty repulsive. I CHOSE water to drink this afternoon. It's really what I wanted. I love Coke and Pepsi, and the burn of the carbonation as it goes down your throat, but gosh darn it, if it didn't sound too sweet. All that sugar made my stomach hurt just thinking about it.

I'd also like to put it out there that I am totally game if anyone wants to go out for lunch or anything. And should you feel like dropping off homemade treats or bread or jam or anything in the next two weeks, well, that would be awesome too. Ü

1 comment:

Beverly B. said...

LOL! Sounds like fun. I think I'm doing the same thing. I'm having a hard time getting back to my diet because my body still thinks it's on vacation.