Do you watch 'Biggest Loser'?
I do.
This is my first year watching it, but I'm pretty obsessive about it. Mostly because I can sorta relate. I started going to Catz the same week this season started on that show. I like to check out what exercises they are doing. The other night they were pushing big weight plates across the floor. I got excited because sometimes I have to do that. I HATE pushing weight plates across the floor. It sucks.
Anyway, that's not why I brought it up- at the end of the week they have to weigh in (luckily I don't have to weigh in in front of everybody) and sometimes their numbers are good, and sometimes not so good. One week someone might drop 10 lbs, and the next- 1. And they stand there on the scale saying things like "I don't get it. It doesn't make sense. I worked so hard..."
And I wanna laugh, because it's like "Welcome to my life.'
I have good weeks, and I have not so good weeks, and some of the time it is NOT representative of how hard I worked. Even before, when I was on Weight Watchers- some weeks I'd lose 4, and then the next week .25, and yeah, it sucks. We like pay offs. We like to see the results of our labors.
Unfortunately weight loss isn't always like that. For me anyway. I'll plateau for a few weeks, then have a big loss, then plateau for awhile again, etc. Unfortunately it's the plateaus that get me. It gets so frustrating to see the numbers on the scale get stuck, or worse, go up! Even when I'm doing everything right.
So, as you have probably guessed, this was a not-so-good-week. Not bad, but not great either.
One pound loss.
But I expected it. Not because I cheated a teeny bit last weekend, but because my numbers were so good last week. I even worked out MORE this week than last. Added a couple extra workouts- going to my other gym, walking with a friend... but still, I've been around the ol' diet block enough to know that my body likes to balance things out.
One good week, a couple not so hot weeks. One good week, a couple weeks where I struggle.
I'm just giving myself a little pep talk here. Keep pushing and hopefully I'll see more results. I'm just glad that when I do have a "not so great" week, there's no yellow line for me to fall below and therefore get kicked out of the program like on Biggest Loser.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Man there are some great gospel parallels here. Keep up the good work Kirsten!
A pound lost is still a pound lost. After awhile those pounds add up. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment