On Friday it was Madison's girl scout graduation thing. They had a little ceremony, got some more badges for me iron on to her vest (I'm getting quite the collection) and then we had (what else?) brownies for dessert.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
End of School
The end of the school year is still a couple weeks away, but you can always tell it's coming fast by the way the kid's activities start wrapping up. Wednesday night Nick had is final orchestra concert for the year. He plays the viola. He really likes it, and is genuinely surprised by the lack of boys in the orchestra. Since John and I have no musical talent whatsoever, and I might be heard to say something really obnoxious super clever like "The only thing I can play is the radio", we naturally have forced music lessons on our kids. So far they are grateful for it. The lighting in the school cafeteria was terrible, and we didn't have the best seats, so I did my best to take some pictures of the event. 
This is Madison with one of her best friends, Caitlin. They've been friends since kindergarten. Madison is my little social butterfly. She makes friends pretty easily. Girl scouts has just been one of those ways she's made so many friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a sweet picture of Nick and the violin.
Post a Comment