Sunday, May 4, 2008

Christopher- part ?

Recently my mom started reading my blog and she loves looking at the pictures, and hearing the stories and then she said something that made me think I was giving off a slightly skewed impression. I am planning on visiting for the summer and she said (jokingly of course) that she wasn't sure if she was ready to have Christopher into everything at her house. So I thought I'd take a minute or thirty and give a little insight into his little character.

He's ALMOST two. But everyone knows the terrible two's begin well before that magical birthday. He's good at exploring his surroundings and exerting his independence. (I guess that's a nice way to put it.)

He's really quiet unless of course he's crying about something. Like he doesn't hardly talk at all. (I'm having total flashbacks of one of his older siblings) Well, he says four words, "da-da", "hi" accompanied with a little wave of his hand, which can mean both 'hi' and 'bye' but he WON'T do it on command, actually he does very little on command. He's a terrible picture taker, refuses to smile for the camera, when he has the cutest little smile. His other words are about food. The grocery store is the best place to hear him talk, because once we hit the produce section he says "ah-poo"(apple) over and over and over again until he sees some sort of treat, then it's "chi, chi, chi". It kinda reminds me of a little bird.

He doesn't run, he gallops everywhere. It totally makes me laugh.

He almost always has one of four objects with him, his blankie, his sippy, a magnadoodle, or a book. He makes me draw pictures in that magnadoodle for him all day long. I'm getting really good at cars, apples, and stick figures.

We're somewhat obsessed with socks and shoes. The other day, he cleaned out his sock drawer and kept bringing me random socks until I put a couple on him, a red one and a blue one. Then he wanted to put one of his brown church loafers on, but I couldn't find the other one, so I put both his crocs on and he took one of the crocs off so he could put the loafer on. So he ran around in mis-matched shoes and socks and no pants for a day.

Oh and nobody's shoes are safe . You leave them out, he'll wear them. He likes to feed me. I think the most ridiculous time was when I was actually at a Weight Watchers meeting and he was shoving the fruit snacks I brought to keep him quiet into my mouth. He climbs on your lap and gets in your face and opens his mouth really wide, making those noises we as moms made to get our kids to open up so we could feed them baby food (payback?) and he won't relent until you eat it.

Notice how he's not looking at me in those pictures? You can bet I was trying to get his attention and failing miserably. I'd think he was deaf, but he can hear a door open from the other end of the house. He loves the outside.

But he's a total sweetheart. Always has been, he loves to hug and cuddle. Even the nurses from his stay at the hospital when he was born would say he was such a sweet little thing.

No comments: