Wednesday, May 21, 2008

gradge-uh-lation day

My baby graduated from kindergarten today. I guess he's not my baby technically, I got another kid to go, but he was my baby for so long it's hard to let that go. It's silly, but there were moments, I felt those dreaded tears coming on.
Zach has spent the last year at Gilbert Elementary, which isn't our home school, and we loved every minute of it. He had the best teacher, and he grew so much this last year. I'm sad to leave it behind us. I love kindergarten graduations. Well, there's a love/hate thing anyway. I'm excited to see who they will be, but sad to watch them leave the little kid behind.
Zachary with his teacher, Mrs. Berry. She's the cutest. We love her. I'm considering sending Christopher to Gilbert. I got a couple years to think about that.

Update: Zach's graduation ceremony was yesterday morning, and the kids had the option to go home with their parents. They also have the option to go to school today even though it's pretty much over. Zach chose to come home with me yesterday, but go back today to see his friends and say good bye to his teacher. He woke up this morning with a bad fever. Totally burning up, I'm waiting to see if the crackers stay down before I give him some Tylenol. Poor kid, he's pretty upset about it. Good thing we go got the report card yesterday, as he's way too sick to go today. So Mrs. Berry if you happen to read this, Zach wants to say good-bye and he'll miss you.

No comments: