I know she's gonna be okay. That's why I signed her up. She's outgoing and easygoing, and independent, and friendly, and everyone she meets is her new bestfriend. They're gonna do crafts and sing songs, have a cook-out, go hiking, and even do some horseback riding. She's gonna have a great time. But she's still my one and only baby girl, and I can't help but worry.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Baby Girl
I sent my baby girl to her very first sleep-away camp today. She's only eight. That seems too little to send her away. But at this camp all the girls are 7 and 8. It's just for four days, and she's only been gone like 3 hours, not even half of what she is normally gone on a school day, but just knowing she won't be home in a couple hours makes me miss her.
I know she's gonna be okay. That's why I signed her up. She's outgoing and easygoing, and independent, and friendly, and everyone she meets is her new bestfriend. They're gonna do crafts and sing songs, have a cook-out, go hiking, and even do some horseback riding. She's gonna have a great time. But she's still my one and only baby girl, and I can't help but worry.
I know she's gonna be okay. That's why I signed her up. She's outgoing and easygoing, and independent, and friendly, and everyone she meets is her new bestfriend. They're gonna do crafts and sing songs, have a cook-out, go hiking, and even do some horseback riding. She's gonna have a great time. But she's still my one and only baby girl, and I can't help but worry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey! Thanks for coming last night. It was fun to see you. I hope you are coping o.k. with Maddy gone.
No way! Yikes! Maddie keeps asking me about Girl Scouts, I guess she has some friends at school that are in it. I emailed HQ but haven't heard back from them yet. 8 years old!?! That is crazy. LOL - I guess I was probably about that age when I went to GS camp...and Mill Hollow.
Hey, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I need to find my box of stuff from my Europe trip but I remember the Romantic Road (Strasse) really well. You can google it. You basically can't go wrong with any town along the road. I know we stopped in Rothenburg, Dinkelsbuhl and Nordlingen. Another thing that we did was a short 2 hour cruise down the Danube. We were in Austria when we did that but I'm sure there is something similar in Germany. I would try to get to Neuschwanstein, there is an amazing castle there.
If you have any specific questions, let me know. You will find plenty to do. I don't know that we did a lot of tourist stuff in Frankfurt - we flew in and out of there but didn't spend much more than a day total in the city and I don't remember what we did while we were there. The great thing is that there are fun little towns and villages all over the place and you will be enchanted by it all. :)
We are so jealous! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Post a Comment