Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Power Geek
I wish I would have taken a picture of this, but I was kindof afraid the guards would get cranky about it, they were pretty serious, but it was totally humorous to me. At the train station in London to catch the train through the chunnel to Paris, they had all the security you would expect at a major station. Not quite airport security standards, we got to keep our shoes on, but close. Anyhow the guy running the x-ray machine decided that there was too much stuff in John's laptop backpack, so they had to go through it by hand with John standing there helping. I had to stand back, so I leaned up against a column and laughed. At first I was just watching in amazement at the amount of stuff they were pulling out of John’s bag, for starters there was his cell phone, GPS, laptop, extralife battery for the laptop, cords and cables, power conversion box, power strip, power cords and chargers for said stuff, extra hard drives, it seriously went on and on. Like 15 minutes, we barely made it to the train. I didn’t start laughing until he dumped out half a dozen thumb drives, and then I totally lost it when he pulled out a Powerbar. The guy actually started freaking out! “Your bag doesn’t have enough power?!? You need a Powerbar as well?!?” He even pulled a couple people over to see all his junk. (By this point they were laughing as well) After they scanned all his junk for explosives he told him that they hadn’t seen so much stuff of that nature come out of one bag in months. (This was THE major train station in London) he wanted to know what John did for a living. Even though I’m married to the guy, mostly I just block all that out. I really don’t want or need to know what he packs around with him, all I know is that is the heaviest stinkin' bag. I gave him a hard time about it on the train, and he said the sad part is is that he uses all that stuff on a regular basis. “You were gonna need ALL that on this trip? For ONE class?” “Um, maybe not one of the cables, but the rest, yeah.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment