Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Last day in Paris

Our last morning in Paris, we woke up and ran to the Musee d'Orsay. That's another museum across the street from the Louvre. It used to be an old train station, now it is home to famous pieces of art from Monet, Manet, Degas, Renoir, Van Gogh, amongst many others. This picture is of me in between a couple of Monet's works. I'm really not as bored as i look, I am actually happy to be there, it was just one of those things where the camera caught me at the wrong moment. I guess I could have had a stupid look on my face.
We had just a couple minutes and the cafe was calling to me, I couldn't bear the thought of leaving Paris without one last piece of tart, so we stopped and got me a slice of raspberry tart, and some hot chocolate. The cafe was in this neat area right behind one of the big clocks, so the atmosphere was pretty cool, plus the food was fabulous, and the hot chocolate was downright sinful. It was like drinking a melted down bar of dark chocolate. John felt the need to take a picture of me because i was enjoying it all so much. I am including a picture where I am making a stupid face just for fun.
Just outside the cafe you can go out onto a patio and look over the city. There was another American couple there and we took turns taking pictures of each other with each other's cameras.
We had to leave immediately after this, pick up our luggage and catch a taxi to the trainstation. We thought we would need to get there early so they could check John for bombs again, but I guess not. They didn't have any security check points here. Interesting. I enjoyed Paris a lot more than I thought I would. Honestly I didn't have high expectations. The people were nice and friendly, the food was amazing, and there was a lot of really neat stuff to see. Maybe I just had so much fun on my Segway tour that it tainted the whole trip, but I had a good time there.

No comments: