Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Corn Maze





I took the older three to their very first (and my very first) corn maze the other day. We were supposed to meet up with some girl scouts, but very few showed up. Parents and siblings were welcome to come so I brought Nick and Zach too. Fortunately it worked out that everyone either made new friends or had friends there, and the kids went scattering in every direction. It was fun.

To tell you the truth I was kinda worried about going to corn mazes in the past, I had never heard of anyone getting stuck in there forever, but I figure there had to be a first time. It wasn't that bad, It took us an hour and a half to get through, (but I was following the lead of two 8 year old girls) and I'm not sure if this is how all corn mazes do it (cause I have nothing to compare it to) but they gave us this little punch card and you had to find 6 different stations in the maze and punch your card. At the station there were posted maps so you would know where you are are could kinda figure out where you want to be. Also it was day time, they are open well past dark, and I am thinking a nighttime trek would be completely different.

No comments: