Monday, October 6, 2008
Home again, home again.
It was amazing to me that as I walked through the doors late last night, (11 pm- and on a school night too!), deactivated the alarm system, and took a look at the mess we left in our wake to hurry up and get out of here on Friday (we were running late), how happy I was to be home. We were only gone 2 1/2 days, but it was nice to be in our house, surrounded by our stuff, (even the messy stuff) and only moments away from falling into our beds. Also I like the way my house smells when I've been gone for awhile. -Just as a typed that I am wondering if that smell is a byproduct of us being gone? huh. I never notice it when I come in the house after I've only been gone for any shorter periods of time, whether it's to the grocery store, or a whole days worth of errands and outings. Just when I'm gone for any real length of time. The kids also breathed a collective sigh of relief to be home, especially the younger ones cause they are the biggest home-bodies around, okay not Christopher, he is a total home-body but at 11pm he was pretty dead to the world, but was totally in a fantastic mood this morning, which I am interpreting to mean that he is happy to be home. So we are home. I have piles and piles of things to to, but should be posting a few pictures and give the low-down on all of our adventures later today (tomorrow at the latest).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment