first there's the- " I think the peanut butter and jelly are friends- that's why they taste so good together."
Then there's this picture he drew in school of his family-
me- "Great job Zach. (noticing all 6 members of our family standing on the ground next to each other) Who is this person in the tree?"Zach- "I don't know." (zach just informed me that it is his friend in the tree- but he still doesn't know who.)
Me- "Oh. Okay" (good thing our trees are puny, otherwise I'd be checking for unknown strangers in them)
Zach- pointing to the car in the bottom right corner- "That's our car right there."
Me- "Our car? Really? Good job."
Secretly I am wondering when I traded in this car-

For this one-
Me- "What's that up there behind the airplane?"Zach- "That's a wagon to catch the people that fall out of the sky."
somedays I envy the uninhibited creativity of children. To him it's perfectly normal to have airplanes towing Radio Flyer's behind them to catch people. I however get hung up on why people would be falling out of the sky.

4 comments:
I love it! My favorite is the smart car- his version of your car really looks like one! Nathan is just starting to draw real pictures. It's so fun to see what they come up with.
" I think the peanut butter and jelly are friends- that's why they taste so good together."
Best line I've heard in a long time.
Great post! It made me smile. Zach is one creative kid!
Oscar just wrote a book titled, "This is a book about rabbits and monster trucks"
He's six...
I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment