Monday, October 13, 2008

I love you

Christopher is still a quiet little boy. Doesn't talk much, but I figured I'm not gonna stress about it too much, since Zach was pretty quiet himself (now he can talk your ear off). Because sign language worked so well for Zach, we're working on it with Christopher. He has a few words down pretty well- please, thank you, more, and help, so yesterday I introduced "I love you."

I debated for a moment on which version to teach him- There's the single hand version-
But that can get tricky- When Zach was first learning it, he looked down at his hand, deep in concentration, then got a big smile on his face as he proudly showed me his middle finger. (I didn't ask the kids to pose for that visual)

I decided to go with the standard "Love" sign with your arms crossed over your chest-
We seem to be having some difficulty getting it down.I guess all that really matters is he's trying.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

That is super cute. Even unheard words can be dear to your heart.

Rachel said...

adorable. I'm thinking a kid that is quiet sounds like a blessing sometimes.