Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Art is like cookies...

When I started doing this art masterpiece thing for Nick's class I decided to relate art to cookies. Everyone has their favorites, and it's okay to not like some kinds. You don't have to like the Mona Lisa, Monet, or modern art. But if you feel like voicing your opinion you have to come up with a real reason, "I don't like it because..."

Same with cookies. Some people prefer chewy to crunchy, or might not like nuts in theirs. And just because Nick likes peanut butter doesn't mean Madison has to.

So to drive that point home, and because it makes Nick insanely happy for me to do so, I bring a different kind of cookie each month. I've gone three times now, so three different kinds of cookies.

Sometimes I have a sneaking suspicion some of them only like me for my cookies. "When's your mom coming in again?" "tomorrow." "Yay! we get cookies tomorrow!" However Nick just informed me that there's at least one kid who refuses to try anything I bring in. According to Nick he said "When's your mom gonna bring store bought sugar cookies? Now those I will trust." Ouch. Must be a modern art lover.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I don't know who that kid is but I am sure he's a loser. Don't give in to those ridiculous demands!

I am a fan of the art masterpiece treat...it makes me think sweet thoughts while I pretend I am cultured.