Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas card pictures

This year I decided to take the picture for the Christmas card myself. Not because I think I'm the best man for the job, just cause it was easier.

In years past my very talented friend Tricia would take the pictures. She's talented and creative, and then takes the pictures home to edit them, but she's a busy woman these days and I'm feeling a little guilty taking advantage of her.

And then there's the issue with Christopher. He doesn't seem to like strangers or cameras and when you put those two together he tends to have a melt down.
So armed with my trusty point-and-shoot camera, John for back-up, and the hopes that if I took enough pictures (like 150) I might find a few gems among the rabble, I set out to take some pictures. I think I did manage to get a few good ones . Here's some of my favorite shots.

9 comments:

johnson six said...

Great job on the pics!

Rachel said...

Maddison is a crack up and I love the different colored converse!

Rees Family said...

So cute!!! I love the matching outfits and SHOES!!! They are adorable. Remember, we have a new address!!!

Alisa said...

You did a great job. If the kids will sit still and smile, one point and shoot camera is better than a $2g camera any day. I'm feeling inspired to copy you and just get it over with.

Melissa Braegger said...

I think you did a wonderful job. I think I might just do that next year and save myself the trouble of setting up a time and place with a photographer and then hoping there is a good shot among the bunch.

Thatcher Family said...

Great job!! That's awesome. Where was your fountain backdrop?

Kirsten said...

just over inside the vintage ranch neighborhood off of Lindsay. we just drove by and said "hey let's stop here"

Unknown said...

You did awesome!! I love their outfits and Christopher seemed to be much happier!! Also... I will be going again to barbell strength Wed. morning if you are interested!!! It gets easier I promise!!! You are hilarious though.

Jill P. said...

Very Cute! You did a great job. I also love the matching outfits.