Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm just full of surprises

Today Zach showed me a flier his teacher sent home. She was asking for help with their class Christmas party next week. They will be watching The Polar Express and drinking hot cocoa and eating cookies. She was asking for donations of cookies, hot cocoa, or marshmallows and you check off the box you can help with, so I asked Zach which one he wanted me to bring. "Marshmallows!" he replied. That's easy enough, I think, then I realized that John should home that day so one of us can volunteer to go in and help. I point to that box to check on the paper and say "do you want me to come in and help with the party?" He looks at the box I am pointing at, reads the sentence himself, looks at me, and then says, "you can read?"

4 comments:

heidi said...

that is too funny...my kids just recently asked if they had TV when I was little=]

lilivand said...

That is SO FUNNY!

Alisa said...

How did you answer? Kids are hilarious.

Kirsten said...

I don't even remember. probably something along the lines of "What?!?" "Are you kidding me?" or "Who was it that read stories to you last night, huh?"