Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!!

I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years Eve last night, we were quite the party animals. After seeing Bedtime Stories (very cute btw) ate some take-out from In-N-Out for dinner, and played some MarioKart on the ol' Wii, the kids were all passed out by 11 pm. Zach and Madison only made it until 9 pm. Nick and Madison had aspirations of staying up an additional 24 hours until midnight tonight.

We woke the three older kids up with only seconds to spare, counted down the ball drop, gave hugs and kisses all around, then went to bed. I guess the poppers will have to wait for another year.

After looking over my last year's resolutions, I am feeling a little discouraged. I think I managed to do one- read 52 books (one a week), but even that I can't be sure because I stopped counting sometime last spring. I didn't even take the cake decorating class. And I thought that one was my easy goal. I'm going to have to think about this year's. Put it off until I am in a more positive mood.

I looked up the definition of "resolution" basically it is the "firm decision to do something". Synonyms include- decree, declaration, decision, promise, pledge, oath, vow, resolve, determination, steadfastness, tenacity, perseverance, firmness.

Those words feel a little daunting at the moment. I think maybe instead of New Year's "Resolutions", I shall make a list of "goals", or just "areas in my life I would like to change or see an improvement in, but am not going to make any promises, because if I haven't managed to do it in 33 years, I have little faith in the next 12 months."

I think I need an attitude adjustment. I'll get back to you on the "goals".

No comments: