Monday, January 19, 2009

Thoughts/Questions of the day

Why is it pre-pubescent boys sound alot like their mothers? I need to remember this next time I call a friend with a 12 year old son and say "Hey, are we still going out today?" That question might be construed as a pick-up line. When the laughter and shouts of "Guess what? Nick's mom just asked me out!" dies down, at least I can reply "It's not my fault you sound like a girl!"

MLK day isn't the best day to visit a fairly new large-ish park for the first time. Too difficult with the crowds trying to keep eight kids in sight and talk to friend who drove out from Maricopa to hang out for the afternoon.

Should I ever go back to Tumbleweed Park, bring things like Christopher's big wheel so he won't have to resort to stealing every other one he sees.

Nick is getting too big for parks. When did that happen?

I'm not sure if it was a bee, hornet, or wasp, but I am not sorry it's life ended so abruptly under the sole of my friend's shoe today after it stung/bit me today. I can't remember ever being stung before, but wow did that hurt. (Still does) At least I remembered where I was (at a park surrounded by dozens of young kids, including all of my own) so I managed to keep the exclamations spewing loudly from my mouth to a G rating. PG tops. "OW! OW! OW! Fetchin', Freaking, Golly-Gee, Dang Nabbit, OW!"

No comments: