Saturday, April 11, 2009

Blogger's Block

I don't know what my deal is this week, but I don't seem to be able (or have the desire) to write anything.

I generally go through periods like this when I am a) tired, b) angry, or c) all of the above.

This week the correct answer is C.

I'm not going to go into too much detail, but I am trying not to blog about (and spew venom all over the place) my frustration and irritation with both my oldest son's grades and one of his teachers. We'll call her Mrs. B. Her last name starts with B, but I probably wouldn't defend her honor if anyone were to say that B stood for something else. I truly think she dislikes my kid. I don't think he does much to help his situation, but I'd swear she has it out for him. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. We're counting down the days until school is over though.

Now that I got that out of the way, I'll try and think of something positive.

I love my neighborhood.

Within the first few weeks of moving into this house 5 years ago, I found a note taped to the door inviting us to a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt organized by a couple of moms in the neighborhood. 5 years later, one of those moms (whom I am now happy to call my good friend) still goes out of her way to do this kind of stuff. She says she does it for her kids, but we all benefit, and I am grateful.

I grew up in a neighborhood where the neighbors occasionally got together and did things and I was so excited to live in a place where people were actually interested in getting to know their neighbors and were willing to go out of their way to organize these kinds of things.

I got my hair cut and colored this week.

I love, love, love it. It's pretty much the same as last time (6 months ago? longer?) I even bought a nifty straightener thingy. It makes my hair smooth and pretty. Unfortunately John likes it long, blond, and curly, but now it's shorter (a little longer than shoulder length) and I like it straight, but I did get some blond highlights put in. (I'm really bad at maintenance when it comes to my hair, so to go much blonder would mean really bad roots.)

So that's my week.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

stinky about Mrs. B.

love your hair. DJ rocks.

Our neighborhood is the BEST!

Nancy said...

Sorry about school, I have a Mrs. B too. Here's a helpful hint for your hair: that straigtening thingy you bought can be used to curl your hair as well. Sounds crazy I know, but its true. That's how I curl my girls hair now.