Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Hate Tuesdays

Okay, maybe hate is a bit strong, but I was definitely ready for the day to be over yesterday. I don't know if it was my awesome scheduling abilities, or just the way the Universe lined up, but I somehow managed to schedule most all of my kids activities on the same day.

Most of the time it's okay, even with John out of town, but then there's the occasional item to throw everything off.

My normal Tuesday-
3:15-kids arrive home from school
3:30 take Zach to gymnastics
4:15 pick up Zach from gymnastics
4:45 every other week Madison has activity days. I carpool with a friend- she drops off.
5:30 drop Nick and Zach off for music lessons
5:45 every other week I pick up Madison and friend(s) and drop friend(s) off at homes.
6:00 drop Madison off at music lessons
6:00 pick up Nick from music lessons- take him home to change into scout uniform and get something to eat
7:00 drop Nick off at Scouts
7:00 pick up Zach and Maddie at music lessons.
8:30 pick up Nick from scouts

Yesterday was not an activity day for Madison, so I can thank my lucky stars for that. The special girl scout dinner was canceled, which was another big sigh of relief. However, Nick had roadshow practice at the church at 6:00, a Spring strings concert at the school at 6:30, and a Boy Scout Board of Review thingy at 7:00. I just called and flat out said he wouldn't be to the roadshow practice, we just barely made it to his strings concert on time, but he forgot his music, so I ran home, ransacked his backpack, jumped in my car, ran the stop sign at the end of my street right in front of a cop, who must have been too busy or too kind to deal with the likes of me because he just gave me a stern look and shook his head at me as I passed him (we were going opposite directions), pulled into the school parking lot, parked the car in the red zone and left it running with Christopher in the back seat while I ran inside to get Nick his music, wished him luck (I couldn't stay) ran out to the car to find another (I hope it was another- I saw a second cop car down the street and a couple firemen walking around a minute later-I have no idea what was going on) cop car parked behind me (in the red zone), but since I didn't see an actual cop in sight, I took off to pick up the kids from music lessons, race back home to pick up Nick, hand him his scout shirt and have him change while I drove him (15 minutes late) to his board of reviews. Left Madison home to babysit the younger boys while I went to pick him up at the church at 8:30, wandered around looking for him for several minutes, but he wasn't there, and I heard from someone that "he left with some guy". Apparently I was supposed to pick him up at 8:00, and they didn't want to leave him there alone to wait for me as now all of his leaders are keeping a close eye on him and any older boys who might want to stick his head in a toilet.

After all that, I came home, put all the kids to bed, then put on my favorite pajama pants and settled in to watch a couple episodes of my newest guilty pleasure- Bones.

And in a completely separate note, would you believe that when I hit the spell check button, it said "no misspellings found?" I think that's a record for me.

1 comment:

Jill P. said...

Wow! And I thought I had my family over scheduled. No wonder you hate Tuesdays!