There is a strikingly similar slide just minutes from the Salt Lake valley up in Park City, also called the Alpine Slide. I had gone there several times as a kid. (Back home in AZ I have a super-awesome picture of myself riding it- and by "super-awesome" I mean ridiculously dorky-maybe someday I will remember and in a moment of desperation of nothing better to blog about, I'll post that.)
Huh. The name "Alpine" makes a lot of sense now. I wondered why they called it that, not a Rocky Mountain Slide or something. Apparently they borrowed the idea and the name from the Swiss. Or the Austrians.
My kids thought it looked fun, and begged me to take them there should we ever make it as a family to Europe.
I told them I'd do better than that- I'll take them when we go to Utah.
Zach chickened out at the last moment, so I took the older two while my mom watched the younger two at the bottom.
At the end of the day we all had fun, but learned several lessons.-
First and foremost, I learned to hold my valuables on the chairlift.
Zach learned he wants to try the Alpine slide next year when he gets a second chance.
Nick learned the bouncy thing hurts.
Also, I learned Christopher needs one of those child/leash/harness things. His penchant for running off is getting tiresome.
Also, I learned Christopher needs one of those child/leash/harness things. His penchant for running off is getting tiresome.

No comments:
Post a Comment