Tuesday, July 14, 2009

raspberries, raspberries, and more raspberries.

My parents have an extensive raspberry patch in the back yard. It extends almost the entire length of the back fence.
Every summer they have almost more raspberries than they know what to do with. It's a happy sort of problem though. Almost every night, my dad can be found out there picking at least one large bowl full of those little red gems.
My dad can have his cereal the way he likes it, with at least half the bowl being raspberries, (not coincidentally, it's the way I like it too) we all snack on them to our heart's content, and so far I have made three pies, and my mom has made 3 batches of jam. Most likely there will be at least one more pie and more jam in the near future.
My family has finally decided they are in love with my raspberry pie. I tried sharing it with them a few years ago, but it was met with a lukewarm response. Now, nearly before the last slice is consumed, they are looking to me to make another. I'm happy to oblige.

Oh, and just cause I thought my kids were being cute when I was out taking pictures of my dad in his raspberry bushes-

Oh and yes, in that top picture that is a raft taking up nearly most of the pool. Don't ask me why, but my kids beg every year to put the raft in the pool. Weird.

By popular demand the raspberry pie recipe is the very first one on my food blog (link to the side) or you can find it right here.

2 comments:

Jill P. said...

I was waiting for a photo and recipe for the raspberry pie. That will have to be your next entry on your food blog.

Kirsten said...

The raspberry pie recipe is the very first one on my food blog.