Monday, July 6, 2009

New glasses

With Nick's eye issues he needs glasses. He's still wearing the patch several hours a day, which he doesn't like, but understands why it's important, but I think we are all loving his new glasses. I think they are super cute on him. He likes them too, and was totally amazed at the world he was missing around him.

We attended an open house for the Oquirrh Hills Temple today, and he wanted to stop and stare at every painting on the walls. He said he had never seen such beautiful artwork before. While the paintings were indeed very lovely (as was everything else about the temple) I reminded him he has new eyes now and has probably never really actually seen any paintings before. (At least with any clarity) -FYI Madison was totally taken with the gorgeous chandeliers. She'd love to have one in her bedroom, but a ceiling fan is just more practical in Arizona.

I got new sunglasses too. Our really crappy totally awesome eye insurance allows for one pair of glasses per person per year. My eyes haven't changed much since my I purchased my last pair, so I didn't need any new regular glasses this year. Oh, and we get to have to choose between Sears and Target for all our vision needs. We chose the good folks at Sears.

To tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't have gotten myself any (cause we still had to pay a good chunk of the price) but John was there and was tired of watching me have to choose between squinting in the sun or dealing with blurry vision.

Since John isn't around to see us in person, he wants me to post BOTH our pictures on the blog. Otherwise I would have just posted Nick.

No comments: