Thursday, January 14, 2010

Carrot stick, anyone?

I'm not so sure I'm gonna make it.

I dreamt about eating corndogs the other night. Corndogs! I don't even like corndogs! Well, at least the ones from the grocery store. Hand-dipped might be another story.

Last night it was ice-cream. Unfortunately my unconscious self remembered it was on my no-no list and didn't even get to dream about eating ice cream.

And during the day instead of reading my book club book for the month I am finding myself reading cook books and food blogs. And not for low-fat healthy foods either. I discovered a new treat on the Internet today- Lamingtons. I'm not quite sure what they are, or where they come from, but they look yummy and are made with cake and chocolate ganache.

Just 6 more weeks. Just 6 more weeks. I can do this. Just 6 more weeks.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh! Never heard of lamingtons until today when I read about someone eating one in a book. She was in Austrailia and she said, "Beats a donut any day." How bizarre that you should mention those.

Rachel said...

you're a waaaay better woman than I. I wouldn't last a day.

Alisa said...

You are so funny!

Just to prove how much better your progress is than mine, I will let you into my thoughts:

Yesterday I was wondering if my ever dwindling caramel stash would hold out until my Girl Scout cookies arrived.

It's mind over matter. You can do it.

:)

Jill P. said...

You can do it! You can totally do it. 6 weeks is NOT that long. My Mom and I both waiting for your update on this weeks weigh in. I had never heard of lamingtons either until Mom showed them to me today on her computer after you mentioned them here.