Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Rear to Me!

This year I am putting my money where my mouth is.

A friend of mine talked me into doing this workout/weight loss program - Catz.

At first glance, I thought it was a faddish diet brought to you by the company that makes those ugly dolls with the similarly spelled names.

In reality, it was quite a bit more intimidating. It's actually an athletic training facility. You know, for ATHLETES to TRAIN to become better in their chosen SPORT.

Sounds perfect for me, no?

I guess they have this killer 8 week weight loss challenge. You give them a bunch of money- stick to their diet plan, (lots of lean meats, fruits, veggies- nothing too crazy) and commit to working out there at least 25 times in the next 8 weeks, and you should lose between 20 and 30 pounds.

What made me commit was that I have two friends that have signed up with me, and I had to sign up by my last birthday. I thought it was a sign that as I was lamenting the fact that another year had come and gone and still I hadn't managed to lose weight, then this program lands in my e-mail in box complete with support from friends who are doing it as well.

Did I mention the weekly weigh-ins? If you meet your weekly goal (that they set for you) you get a $25 Catz credit towards future purchases.

My first weigh in is this evening. Rumor has it I get to strip down to my sports bra and work out shorts while I am poked and prodded and measured and weighed. (woo-hoo!) Everyone likes to hear what their body fat percentage is right?

Wish me luck. (and my poor family- they're the innocent bystanders as I neglect them to go work out, and refuse to bake for the next 2 months)

In other news- For the next 6 1/2 hours I plan on polishing off any Christmas goodies still lurking about, and loading up on salty foods and drinking gallons of water in the hopes that I will be retaining loads of water to tip the balance in my favor. (That way, next week, hopefully it will look like I lost lots of weight, and make at least one goal they set for me- at least, that's the plan anyway.)

2 comments:

janis said...

Good luck!!! The program sounds great. I am trying to talk Jill into going on a "healthy eating regimen" aka diet with me. Hopefully in 8 weeks we'll all feel better.

Melissa said...

I like your style. Good luck!