Christopher reached two major milestones in the last week. He sleeps in a big boy bed AND goes to primary now. It's hard to believe we have reached the stage where we are DONE with the nursery at church.
I know, I know, I can hear you out there- "REALLY? He's three and a half and he is just NOW getting out of the crib?!?"
But I have my reasons- and they're good ones-
1) There wasn't any one else to come along and bump him out of it.
2) He liked his crib. He never even tried to climb out of it, so he wasn't getting up at all hours of the night.
3) We were in need of another bed. My dad was building Nick a bed for his birthday and Christmas, and so we were waiting for that bed.
Christopher loves his bed -now. At first he was really excited for it during the day. He ran around the house naming all the beds. "Nick's bed. Sissy's bed. Brudder's bed. Initer's bed." We even managed to score some cheap Disney Cars bedding at Wal-mart on black Friday. (Which kills me because I have nice bedspreads that match and go in that room, but I knew he'd love it and it would make the transition easier. )
But that night it was a different story. He laid in bed and cried. Not the obnoxious fake crying he does during the day where when you tell him "No" he throws himself to the ground and proceeds to whine "I'm crying!" over, and over, and over. I should video tape it some day.
But he cried. And it was really sad and pathetic. For once it was like he was trying not to cry but couldn't help it. And I would get up and go in and comfort him and ended up staying in there til 1 in the morning until he finally fell asleep. So the next day when we were supposed to be to church by 8 am, and Zach had technicolor boogers and we weren't sure if he was sick and Christopher was still unconscious, I volunteered to stay home with the little boys. Christopher didn't wake up until 9:30. Which is completely unheard of. And that was supposed to be his first day of primary.
After a week he's doing better in his bed at night.
So that's how come yesterday was his first day of primary. I'm going to hold off judgment as to whether he's taking well to primary or not. When it was time to go to primary, he took off running down the halls of the church while I tried to chase him in heels. I asked someone to stop him, to which I was met with laughter. I finally caught up with him right outside nursery, and dragged him off to the primary room. I was able to leave him there without incident. I peeked in later, and one of the teachers had him on her lap. I heard later from the primary president that he did fine, he just really wanted to go sit up at the very front- the row where the kids sit as they wait to give their talks.
After church was another matter. Relief Society got out a little late, and during the closing prayer somebody's obnoxious kid was knocking on the door trying to get in. I was told by Madison that it was my obnoxious kid. He came in crying, and digging at my purse, (looking for my keys I think) and pleading "Go. Go. Go." (in between sobs)
Being a big boy can be so hard some days. And I haven't even started potty training. That's next on the agenda. But he's terrified of sitting on the toilet, and after Zach, the thought of potty training makes me feel all nauseous inside.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment